[developers] XML input mode for PET

Ulrich Schaefer Ulrich.Schaefer at dfki.de
Mon Feb 21 14:53:02 CET 2005

I would just like to complement what Bernd wrote this morning (those
kibitzing
in the HoG CVS may already have noticed).
The XML input mode is already in the HoG as replacement for the yy input
mode
and I adapted and checked in the affected modules (and their
configuration files)
in december (Pet-, Sprout-, TnT-, Pic-,  and ChasenModule).
It has already proven to run stable in the Quetal deep question analysis
component.

To answer the next question: No, I didn't have much time to work on the
'HoG goes
open source' task so far (instead, besides working on QA, I spent much
time in
teaching a Java course, extending and documenting Sprout etc.).
Fortunelaty, I could regain Özgür Demir (thanks to Melanie!) who already
worked
on HoG within DeepThought, and who will support me in preparing HoG for
open
source starting March.

-Uli

--