[developers] ISO stuff

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 19:25:49 CET 2005

I append (not necessarily in this order)

a) a version of the MAF proposal that got discussed at the ISO meeting I went
to in October.  Eric de la Clergerie <Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr> is
leading this.
The main change that I believe will be in the next version is that the
tokenisation should potentially be a chart (lattice) too.  Input will actively
be solicited on this proposal.  (I would've sent this round earlier but I
thought I was going to get a revised version - when I do get a new version I
will circulate that)

b) a paper which provides an overview (by Eric)

c) the feature structure representation document (as I understand it,
objecting to this is now quite awkward - I think it allows us to represent
what we want, though)

Also
Eric.De_La_Clergerie at inria.fr said:
> The maf demo is also available online at
>     http://graves.inria.fr:8200/perl/maf/mafdemo.pl or http://
> atoll.inria.fr/mafdemo

> (The 2 addresses are actually equivalent, but because of migrations
> and pb with machines, mafdemo may not work !)

I guess there's two separate questions about the MAF proposal
a) things wrong with it from a general perspective b) things that might be OK
but are not very compatible with what's been done so far in HoG/PET