[Fwd: Re: [developers] Re: still problem with accents...]

Montserrat Marimon montserrat.marimon at upf.edu
Tue Jun 21 13:14:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

Stephan Oepen wrote:

>>Strange... I can't even parse "lloró"...
>>

>which version of the LKB do you have?  mine is:
>
>  LKB(1): *cvs-version*
>  "$Date: 2005/06/05 13:29:21 $"

I have exactly the same version.

>could you try running
>
>  $DELPHINHOME/bin/lkb -locale es_ES.ISO-8859-1
>
>directly from a shell window and try do-parse-tty() there?  if that did
>not work, what value for excl:*locale* did you get this time?

Stephan, doing that from a shell window and when trying to parse "lloró"
I don't get the character without the accent, look (the sentence is
parsed because it takes "lloro" (1st person sing, which does not take an
accent)
LKB(2): (do-parse-tty "lloro")
87
11
0
13
LKB(3):

Any idea why?

I've also checked the "ñ" with the sentence
LKB(3): (do-parse-tty "los niños lloraron")
298
37
0
67
LKB(4):

This time it was analysed, so it seems that I only have problems with
accented characters.

The value for excl:*locale* is:
#<locale "es_ES" [:LATIN1-BASE] @ #x44859b92>

    Montse.-