[developers] PET 0.99.12 + MRS Build Errors

Eric Nichols eric-n at is.naist.jp
Wed Apr 26 10:55:16 CEST 2006

Greetings,

Thank you for your trouble, Bernd. I apologize for my excess
enthisiasm in producing patches before fully understanding the
problem. :-)

I checked out the revised LKB code from CVS and gave it a try, but it
did not solve my problems. I can compile with MRS support, and
libmrs.a will be built correctly, however, I cannot load ERG or JACY
without cheap core dumping. Now I am experiencing this even when I do
not use packing mode. I understand that several people (yourself
included) have gotten packing mode working with MRS for various
grammars. However, I will stand by my original claim that my case
seems MRS-code related, because cheap builds and works when I disable
MRS.

I am building this with gcc 4.0.3 on Ubuntu Dapper (I have tried
Breezy, too) on both a Pentium 4 and a Pentium M. I am using the
latest LKB CVS source and ECL 0.9h.

Eric

On 4/25/06, Bernd Kiefer <kiefer at dfki.de> wrote:

> I just changed ecl-patches to support :i486 (hopefully) correctly.
>
> Besides, also on my Fedora 4 / gcc 4.0.2 / pentium 4 no problems with
>
> Best

> Bernd Kiefer                                            Am Blauberg 16
> kiefer at dfki.de                                      66119 Saarbruecken
> +49-681/302-5301 (office)                      +49-681/3904507  (home)

--Eric Nichols