[developers] [spr30362] bug using climxm

Berthold Crysmann crysmann at dfki.de
Fri Sep 29 16:41:09 CEST 2006

Berthold Crysmann wrote:
> Andreas Fuchs wrote:
>> Hello Berthold,

>>> Dear ,
>>>
>>> I have tried this new patch but, unfortunately, the behaviour has
>>> not changed (apart from an error message).
>>> This is what I did:
>>>
>>> Start clim with C.UTF-8 locale
>>>
>>> /usr/local/acl80/bclim -locale C.UTF-8
>>
>> I forgot to include one warning about excl:*locale*: due to Motif
>> using the libc's locale definition, excl:*locale* must be bound to a
>> locale that both allegro cl and the libc understand. From the
>> behavior you reported below, it looks like the libc doesn't
>> understand that C.UTF-8 means it should use utf-8 encoded characters.
>> (that's why you get the error: allegro cl expects a utf-8 encoded
>> string, but gets a latin-1 one).
>>
>> I tested with de_AT.UTF-8 on debian gnu/linux. If you have utf-8
>> locale definitions for your current locale (I'm assuming that's de_DE),
> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for your mail.
>
> Actually, my standard locale is en_GB.UTF-8. I have tried that now ---
> with partial success.

0. Opening the input widget for the first time, I get the following
error message:

 Warning: Missing charsets: ISO10646-1, GB2312.1980-0, KSC5601.1987-0,
         creating fontset for

-alias-fixed-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-c-50-jisx0201.1976-0,-alias-fixed-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-c-100-jisx0208.1983-0,-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--8-80-75-75-p-46-iso8859-1,