[developers] [spr30570] display of korean characters in CLIM

Andreas Fuchs afuchs at franz.com
Tue Oct 3 19:53:27 CEST 2006

Hi Stephan!

On Sep 28, 2006, at 19:13, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> I hope to have ironed out the kinks in the current implementation
> soon; in fact, I should have something that you can test by next
> wednesday.

As promised, here is a (still somewhat experimental) patch that
should allow display of arbitrary international characters and
strings, provided the required fonts are installed - including korean
text.

To test the patch, please compile & load the attached file "patch-
fonts.lisp" and start your application by wrapping the call to it in

(let ((excl:*locale* (find-locale "de_AT.UTF-8")))
   ;; locale name can be any UTF-8 locale that is supported by
Allegro CL /and/ libc.
   (your-application))