[developers] [spr30570] display of korean characters in CLIM

Andreas Fuchs afuchs at franz.com
Tue Oct 10 15:21:14 CEST 2006

Hi Stephan!

Andreas Fuchs wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2006, at 19:13, Andreas Fuchs wrote:
>> I hope to have ironed out the kinks in the current implementation
>> soon; in fact, I should have something that you can test by next
>> wednesday.
>
> As promised, here is a (still somewhat experimental) patch that should
> allow display of arbitrary international characters and strings,
> provided the required fonts are installed - including korean text.
>
> To test the patch, please compile & load the attached file
> "patch-fonts.lisp" and start your application by wrapping the call to it in
>
> (let ((excl:*locale* (find-locale "de_AT.UTF-8")))
>   ;; locale name can be any UTF-8 locale that is supported by Allegro CL
> /and/ libc.
>   (your-application))

The attached file makes the above workaround unnecessary, and fixes a
bug in string conversion that would lead to mangled lisp strings when
reading from text fields that contain international characters.

To use it, replace the previous patch-font.lisp file with the attached
and compile & load it before running your application.

Good luck,
Andreas.