[developers] SBCL port: XML

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:21:11 CEST 2006

Benjamin.Waldron at cl.cam.ac.uk said:
> I've tested that S-XML can be used to replace the existing  Allegro-specific
> XML module in the LKB. I would like to make such a swap  official. Any
> objections?

what do you mean by making the swap `official' - remove pxml or include both?

have you evaluated relative speed?  is it tested on any of the standard test
suites?  how actively is it supported?

I think these are general issues that we need to consider when incorporating
any external code - you may well have looked at them all, but just let us
know, if so.