[developers] MRS in PET SVN with selective packing

Ben Waldron bmw20 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 16:14:58 CET 2006

I meant to say that the Lisp-internal representation of an MRS

(defstruct (psoa (:include basemrs))

which inherits from

(defstruct (basemrs)
  top-h
  liszt
  h-cons
  a-cons
  vcs)

doesn't contain global 'cfrom'/'cto' slots.

The Lisp-internal RMRS's do:

(defstruct (rmrs (:include basemrs))
  rmrs-args
  in-groups
  bindings
  cfrom
  cto
  origin)

If you like, I can volunteer to (i) move the 'cfrom' and 'cto' slots
from the 'rmrs' defstruct to the 'basemrs' defstruct and (ii) arrange
for these slots to be set appropriately when the MRS is constructed and
(iii) for the slots to propagate from the MRS to the RMRS inside the
'mrs-to-rmrs' function.

The tchart reference was put there as a temporary hack. But I forgot to
remove it...

- Ben