[developers] CL-PPCRE 1.2.18

Ben Waldron bmw20 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 10 15:10:01 CET 2006

Ben Waldron wrote:
> I've heard no objections, so I plan to go ahead and upgrade to
> CL-PPCRE 1.2.18 later this week.

I've put this on ice. When using CL-PPCRE 1.2.18 the Lisp code appears
to compile without difficulty under ECL, and runs fine under a
stand-alone ECL process. But when running under the ECL embedded in PET,
the following error occurs:

bmw20 at t41:~/erg$ ~/repos/pet/main/cheap/cheap -mrs -tok=fsr -verbose=5
english.grm
reading `pet/english.set'... including `pet/common.set'...
`pet/global.set'...
#[X-FSPP (63 global, 438 token-level rules @ `[ \t]+')]
The symbol END-STRING is bound to an ordinary function and is not a
valid name for a generic function
Broken at ERROR.

- Ben