[developers] CL-PPCRE 1.2.18

Ben Waldron bmw20 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 6 13:50:03 CET 2006

Eric Nichols wrote:
> Are PPCRE functions currently being used in PET? If not, that would
> explain why
> this problem wasn't noticed earlier. Even if the change does cause the
> linker to
> favor rmrs over PPCRE, this still doesn't sound like a permanent
> solution. I think
> I will continue to persue a solution on the ECL/PET side of things.
I don't know why the problem wasn't noticed (or perhaps didn't occur?)
earlier. PPCRE is used heavily in the preprocessor (activated via
"-tok=fsr"). I don't use PET regularly, but when I last tested it with
RMRS output (in the process of integrating the FSR preprocessor) I
didn't observe the current problem. Most people will be using an
official PET release, which will be older than the contents of the
current SVN...

Note also that something is broken in the current ERG with respect to
cfrom/cto on EPs (the values get lost, at least when running under the
LKB). I have no idea if this is relevant...

- Ben