[developers] PET API and reworking

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Thu Dec 7 18:14:34 CET 2006

Hi all,

i first apologize to all that are not concerned with the development of
PET. I could not find a way to extract the right people from the
activities on pet.opendfki.de, and i hope i that all the right people
are on this mailing list.

We finally found a HIWI to do some work on the API of PET. One of the
first things i want him to do is a re-working of the options/settings
thing with something more flexible/generic. Once the general classes
for that are done, the changes involve about every part of the whole
system. I think the only way to do this (without constantly breaking
the code for the rest of you) is to open a branch that we'd like to
re-merge as soon as we feel have a stable version again.

That would also allow you to have a look at the changes and come up
with suggestions or alternatives (if you want). I'd really like to do
some bigger restructuring during this process, and i would be grateful
if we could have a constructive discussion about things.

I would propose that those people who are interested send me a mail and
i have another small mailing list for us here at DFKI.

Best,
        Bernd

Bernd Kiefer                                            Am Blauberg 16
kiefer at dfki.de                                      66119 Saarbruecken
+49-681/302-5301 (office)                      +49-681/3904507  (home)