[developers] [spr30362] bug using climxm

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 01:44:46 CET 2007

I tested the patch a little more, and found I that if I loaded thepatch early, and made sure I had a utf-8 locale when I first activatedCLIM, I could now input text in Korean and Chinese through the textbox:
 (umlauts)"en_GB.UTF-8"#<locale "en_GB" [:UTF8-BASE] @ #x5292cf02>"你好"22909"en_GB.UTF-8"
 (umlauts)#<locale "en_GB" [:UTF8-BASE] @ #x5134c872>"한굴"44404"en_GB.UTF-8"
Japanese, however doesn't work:"en_GB.UTF-8"Error: Error reading mb-vector from       #<BUFFER-INPUT-SIMPLE-STREAM  pos 8 @ #x50d429aa>
Further, although the display of Korean works in the input text windowand the window title bars (which it didn't before) it doesn't displayany of the lkb's output displays.  Instead, each character appears asa latin character, some accented.  The internal representation isfine: it parses and it saves as utf-8, this is purely a displayproblem.
I would be happy to show you the steps I took to get to this stage sothat you can reproduce the problem.
-- Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>NICT Computational Linguistics Group

More information about the developers mailing list