[developers] [spr30362] bug using climxm

Andreas Fuchs afuchs at franz.com
Tue Mar 6 15:08:23 CET 2007

Hello Francis,

Francis Bond <fcbond at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tested the patch a little more, and found I that if I loaded the
> patch early, and made sure I had a utf-8 locale when I first activated
> CLIM, I could now input text in Korean and Chinese through the text
> box:
>
>  (umlauts)
> "en_GB.UTF-8"
> #<locale "en_GB" [:UTF8-BASE] @ #x5292cf02>
> "你好"
> 22909
> "en_GB.UTF-8"
>
>  (umlauts)
> #<locale "en_GB" [:UTF8-BASE] @ #x5134c872>
> "한굴"
> 44404
> "en_GB.UTF-8"
>
> Japanese, however doesn't work:
> "en_GB.UTF-8"
> Error: Error reading mb-vector from
>        #<BUFFER-INPUT-SIMPLE-STREAM  pos 8 @ #x50d429aa>

I'm working on reproducing that. When does the error apppear - when you
enter a Japanese character into the text box, or when you advance to the
next text box?

> Further, although the display of Korean works in the input text window
> and the window title bars (which it didn't before) it doesn't display
> any of the lkb's output displays.  Instead, each character appears as
> a latin character, some accented.  The internal representation is
> fine: it parses and it saves as utf-8, this is purely a display
> problem.

Testing it, I see the issue too. While testing, I found out that the
same problem appears with Korean button labels. I'm working on fixing
that right now.

Thanks for the report. I think I should have an update within the next
two days.

Cheers, Andreas.