[developers] Downloading problems (fwd)

R. Bergmair rb432 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 18:56:44 CET 2007

I've experienced a similar problem once in the past. When
aborting a download, you can potentially get the "Archives"
directory into a state where there is a corrupt "bla.tgz"
file. When you restart the install-script, wget will call
the newly downloaded file "bla.tgz.1", where the install
script won't find it.

In that case just "rm -rf ~/delphin" should do the
trick.

In fact: If the maintainer of the "install" script
reads this: Maybe one could "rm -rf" the Archives
directory before commencing download in general.

>From your message, I'm not quite sure if that is
the symptom you are experiencing. (What happens
after those messages?)

Another problem that (I guess) could potentially
cause this, is that the file might just be missing
on the server for the current build. I assume this
will be fixed by the maintainer, and you can work
around by using an older build, by putting

   build="builds/2006-12-14"

or whatever at the top of your "install" script.

regards,

Richard