[developers] [pet] problems with rmrs output using tsdb

Sergio Roa sergior at coli.uni-sb.de
Wed Mar 21 20:44:21 CET 2007

Hello Stephan,

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 00:13, Stephan Oepen wrote:
> looking at how you invoke cheap as an [incr tsdb()] client, plus the
> following
>
> > after using  the export script provided with lkb,  i get an output
> > without character spans like this:
>
> ---  i assume  your profiles  do not  record (R)MRSs,  hence  do not
> contain information about characterization.

Do  you  mean   setting  the  tsdb::*tsdb-semantix-hook*  variable  to
"mrs::get-mrs-string"? I always have it enabled...

> however,   if   you  want   to   use   [incr   tsdb()]  and   record
> characterization,  it should work  fine to  include (R)MRSs  in your
> profiles.  i expect  if you just add the  `-mrs=rmrx' option to your
> cpu definition, then each result that gets recorded will include its
> RMRS, just the way it comes out in interactive mode.

I have tested it,  but I only see on the "result"  file in the profile
the  derivation and  phrase  structure  trees and  the  MRS output  in
"simple" mode, as in previous experiments.

Best,

Sergio.