[developers] Problem with current CVS LOGON

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 22 17:58:11 CET 2007

Hi Berthold -

I can't quite work out what set-up you're using.  When I parse the
"Thomas Mann" sentence, and then invoke the generator on the MRSs for
each of the four readings, I don't get this error.  But I'm using the
existing lexical entries for "Thomas" and "Mann".  So assuming you're
using an unknown-word mechanism, can you send the MRSs that you're
trying to generate from for these two sentences?

 Dan

> In an attempt to generate with LOGON, the following unpleasantness
> occured:
>
> (1) `What year was Thomas Mann awarded the Nobel Prize?' [25000] {14}
> ; Received sigpipe.
>  --- error: writing buffer for #<EXCL:TERMINAL-SIMPLE-STREAM for input
> fd 28/26 @ #x1037401262> resulted in error (code 32): Broken pipe..
> (2) `Who is the managing director of FIAT?' [25000] {40} --- error:
> #<TERMINAL-SIMPLE-STREAM for input fd 28/26> is not an open-for-output
> STREAM..
>

> I called it from emacs, and from a TTY.
>

> Berthold
>
> --
> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
> Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
, Dr. Walter Olthoff