[developers] Question about generation in the LKB

Francisco Costa fcosta at di.fc.ul.pt
Mon May 21 12:45:10 CEST 2007

Dear all,
I'd like to know if the LKB is still using two-phase generation as
described in Carroll et al.(1999) to improve efficiency with
intersective modifiers, or if the improvements described in Carroll and
Oepen (2005) have made it obsolete.
In particular, peeking at the LKB source I find a warning message saying
that "intersective rules and variable accessibility filtering are
incompatible", so (1) I'd like to check with you that index
accessibility filtering is available and (2) what parameters should I
play with to switch between the two?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Francisco Costa