[developers] [erg] jul-07 release of ERG

Stephan Oepen oe at csli.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 4 13:55:04 CEST 2007

hei!

a few days ago, i checked into the LinGO CVS the result of merging
back accumulated changes from LOGON tree.  these include the update
in the [incr tsdb()] format for storing derivations as sketched in my
17-jul message (see below).  further changes in LKB code are changes
i had anticipated several weeks ago, viz. removing the long-deprecated
fill-mrs() and unfill-mrs() functionality (use a VPM instead: LogonVpm
on the DELPH-IN wiki), and eliminating the `rel' vs. `char-rel' distinction
in MRS internals (see earlier messages to the `developers' list).  people
with cached generator indices will need to rebuild these files; one way
of doing that could be through a command like

  rm ~/tmp/*.ric ~/tmp/*.stc

regarding the change in UTF, i have also checked in the corresponding
code changes to PET (into the DFKI SVN repository), so i recommend
people plan on installing fresh copies of everything, once they upgrade.

besides the above changes in LKB code, there were numerous updates
to the MT component (bug fixes and improvements in transfer, better LM
support, and a minor VPM fix) and to [incr tsdb()] (mostly to do with its
MT support, treebanking, and stochastic experimentation); as most of
this functionality is only active in the full LOGON tree anyway, where it
has been in use for many months already, i will not post a summary of
changes here.

i am off for a two-week vacation, so will likely not read email before the
DELPH-IN Summit later this month.

all best, oe