[developers] memory issues in [incr tsdb()]

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 15 18:30:56 CEST 2007

Hi Rebecca -

If you're using a vanilla Lisp image, it may not allow a large enough
heap for what you want to do.  You (or the system administrator if
you're not running on your own machine) can build a customized Lisp
image which allows a much larger heap.  See the file
 $DELPHINHOME/lkb/etc/bclim.lisp
(which is also pointed to on the DELPH-IN wiki, on the LKBCompilation
page).

Once you've built this image, which will be called "bclim.dxl", you'll
need to adjust your local settings so you invoke this image when you
start up your Lisp.

If this is too cryptic, maybe you can say more about your current
set-up (operating system, machine, etc.), and we can try to be more
precise about the steps needed.

 Dan