[developers] JACY moved to open subversion repository + trac

Ulrich Schaefer ulrich.schaefer at dfki.de
Tue Sep 11 13:49:08 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I'm sending this to the delph-in developers list as the jacy list seems
to be out of service (I apologize for the recipients overhead this may
generate).

I converted the Jacy open source HPSG grammar of Japanese, originally
developed by Melanie Siegel at DFKI and so far hosted on a closed CVS
server at DFKI, to subversion and moved it to the opendfki trac system
at http://jacy.opendfki.de .

Use

svn checkout https://jacy.opendfki.de/repos

to get the source tree (append /trunk for only the current stable version).

As I used a vanilla cvs2svn (http://cvs2svn.tigris.org)  for conversion,
the usual svn conventions apply, i.e. trunc/ contains the current
version, branches/ is for experimental branches, tags/ for tagged stable
versions.

Subversion documentation can e.g. be found at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com, trac documentation is accessible from the
bottom of http://jacy.opendfki.de .

I hereby nominate Francis to be the main project admin :-), Bernd and I
have admin rights as well, others may get on request.

To avoid spam, only registered users may contribute code and initiate
tickets, modify timeline or roadmap etc.
You may register at a web address I'm only circumscribing here. Use
https as protocol in the URL, followed by the above mentioned domain for
jacy, but replace jacy by config. There, click on the "Account
registration for others" menu item (assuming you are from outside DFKI).

Francis, oe and Eric Nichols are already registered and can use their
existing pws from the PET trac; others please register yourselves, e.g.
Emily, Melanie,...

I copied and updated the Jacy introduction page from the delph-in wiki
to the trac wiki, but the "Using the Grammar" section may still be out
of date. Could the main developers please have a look at it (and maybe
remove redundant parts from either the delph-in or the opendfki wiki).

I briefly checked lex-types.tdl to see whether Japanese characters
survived conversion, but please do check other files as well.

May the Jacy development continue.

-Uli

--
Dr.-Ing. Ulrich Schaefer http://dfki.de/~uschaefer phone:+496813025154
    DFKI Language Technology Lab, D-66123 Saarbruecken, Germany