[developers] [afuchs at franz.com: Re: [spr30362] bug using climxm]

Ann Copestake Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 16:15:23 CET 2008

danf at csli.stanford.edu said:
> It looks to me as if it is hard-wired into the code that the font family and
> face will be  :sans-serif and :roman, respectively, and I don't know if these
> are sensible for Korean.

I haven't checked the code, but I think these are text style attributes and
that CLIM is supposed to render these in a particular font as best it can
(according to a mapping defined for each CLIM medium).  It may be that the
mapping for Korean doesn't allow for these text styles, in which case a
reserved text style is supposed to be used - obviously that ought to be a
`sensible' style but maybe it isn't.  Anyway, this shouldn't really be done at
the level of the application.  i.e., if that's the problem, it's a Franz bug,
not ours!  There is an option to setf `text-style-mapping' which could perhaps
be used to patch if this is the problem, but of course I've got no idea of the
available fonts for Korean