[developers] Whoa, missed someting, sorry

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Thu Mar 20 16:05:23 CET 2008

I have another big plea to the users of PET:

as you may know, Yi Zhang has implemented a C++ version of the MRS code
that outputs the MRSs in XML format. Could the producers of MRS maybe
test this code by comparing the new outputs against their tree banks?
I understood that there is some code out there to check the equality of
two MRSs.

And i have another question regarding the (R)MRS formats that are
produced by PET now: would it be possible to generate the other formats
from what is available in the XML format, especially for RMRS, or is
there something missing, which might eventually be added to the current
XML output?

My hope behind this is that we can remove all ecl/lisp stuff from pet in
the (hopefully not so) long run because of all the problems that it
generates. And having one output format that can be transformed
externally or internally would simplify and modularize things further.

Thanks again,

	Bernd

Bernd Kiefer       DFKI GmbH, Stuhlsatzenhausweg, D-66123 Saarbruecken
kiefer at dfki.de     +49-681/302-5301 (phone)     +49-681/3025338  (fax)
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vor-
                     sitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313