[developers] [pet] Whoa, missed someting, sorry

Peter Adolphs Peter.Adolphs at dfki.de
Fri Mar 21 11:06:32 CET 2008

Bernd Kiefer wrote:
> as you may know, Yi Zhang has implemented a C++ version of the MRS code
> that outputs the MRSs in XML format. Could the producers of MRS maybe
> test this code by comparing the new outputs against their tree banks?
> I understood that there is some code out there to check the equality of
> two MRSs.

Just an addition since this is not documented elsewhere: Yi Zhang's C++ MRS
implementation is invoked by -mrs=new and should act like -mrs=mrx. Once it is
properly tested and once we have conversion routines for the other formats, we
should invoke the C++ implementation by default for -mrs=mrs|mrx|rmrs|rmrx.

BTW, cheap's help string says that there's the -mrs=mrs option. However, there
is no mode called "mrs" in lkb/src/mrs/pet-interface.lisp. Shall I change the
help message or shall we redirect "mrs" to "simple"?

Cheers

Peter

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbuero Berlin, Rosenstrasse 2, D-10178 Berlin

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes