[developers] [pet] Whoa, missed someting, sorry

Yi Zhang yzhang at coli.uni-sb.de
Fri Mar 21 14:35:46 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Ann Copestake <Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

> I wasn't aware of this - does it allow the same options as the Lisp code
> does?
> (Unfortunately, as I recently became aware, the existing Lisp code no
> longer
> has the desired behaviour for some of the teaching grammars when used `out
> of
> the box'.)

Just a few more words on the C++ MRS code. For the moment, the new C++ codes
only extract MRS from FS, and pretty print them into XML format (which in
principle should be identical to the old -mrs=mrx option). There is no
implementation of MRS->RMRS conversion yet. VPM mapping is supported though.

For configurations options, one may have a look at the file `pet/mrs.set' in
the CVS version of ERG. The corresponding settings in Lisp code are given as
comments in that file, too. I have not had time to test with many other
grammars, So feedbacks are absolutely welcomed.

Since the C++ implementation was done with heavy reference to the LKB code,
the outputs should be pretty similar. E.g., the EP ordering should be
exactly the same. And I am willing to know about any kind of differences in
the outputs, no matter whether they are equivalent or not.

best,
yi