[developers] Punctuation and "-default-les" type mapping in PET/ERG

Peter Adolphs Peter.Adolphs at dfki.de
Wed Apr 16 19:25:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Christopher Rupp wrote:
> How does:
>
> mrs-carg-path := "SYNSEM.LKEYS.KEYREL.CARG".
>
> relate to
>
> carg-path := "SYNSEM.LKEYS.KEYREL.CARG".
>
> or
>
> ersatz-carg-path := "SYNSEM.LKEYS.KEYREL.CARG".

The `mrs-carg-path' setting is used for the mechanism that Dan described
recently. That is, all generic lexical entries get their form stamped into this
path.

`ersatz-carg-path' is the path that the YY tokenizer uses to store the surface
string, provided that the stem component of the YY token ends with the string
"ersatz". Does anyone use that feature?

As far as I can see, a plain `carg-path' setting is not used anywhere in the
current version of pet.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbuero Berlin, Rosenstrasse 2, D-10178 Berlin

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes