[developers] Thai test items not displaying in [incr tsdb()]

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Sat Jan 17 05:50:01 CET 2009

Dear all,

One of my students (Glenn Slayden, cc-ed) is working on
Thai this quarter.  The assignment this week is to customize
a starter grammar, develop a test suite, and parse the test
suite with the starter grammar.  So far Trollet and LUI (from
the DELPH-IN distribution) are fine displaying the Thai
orthography, but we are running into problems with [incr tsdb()]:

http://www.glennslayden.com/webshare/Screenshot.png

We tested this also in the LOGON version here:

svn checkout http://svn.emmtee.net/tags/handon logon

This gets us [incr tsdb()] (24-nov-08), but the problem persists.
This is under Ubuntu 8.10 x64.  Problematic item file attached.

Is this a known problem?  Any work-arounds?

Thanks,
Emily