[developers] Lexdb settings

Ben Waldron ben.m.waldron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:53:08 CET 2009

I suggest first familiarizing yourself with the lexical database that is
distributed as part of the ERG

http://www.delph-in.net/erg/

before you go on to create and run your own lexical database. The
single-user setup to which Francis refers is simpler to set up and run,
and almost certainly more suitable for your needs.  There's some
documentation here:

http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LkbLexDbSingleUser
http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/JacyLexDb

Regarding your problems setting the global variable. You can either set
it from the LKB Lisp prompt (make sure to include setf and the single
quote as shown):

LKB(15): (setf *lexdb-params* '((:DBNAME "erg")))

Or it can be set from the GUI (LKB Top->Options->Set Options...) by pasting

((:DBNAME "erg"))

into the value slot for *LEXDB-PARAMS*. (note there is no single quote here)

Hope this helps,
- Ben