[developers] Lexdb settings

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 08:14:38 CET 2009

G'day,

> I'm still having trouble connecting to the lexdb database.  I'm not
> entirely sure how to get the settings right.  I tried typing the
> following command according to the wiki, but got an error:
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> LKB(2): lkb::*lexdb-params* ((:dbname "lil" :user "lexdb"))

I think you need to type:
(setf lkb::*lexdb-params* ' ((:dbname "lil") (:user "lexdb")))

i.e. you need to use setf to set the value, you need to quote the lisp list,
and each parameter value pair has to be a list.

you should probably also set the type
 (setf lkb::*lexdb-params* ' ((:dbname "lil") (:user "lexdb") (:type
"multi-user"))))

Jacy uses the somewhat simpler single user mode, there is some documentation
in  http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/JacyLexDb.

(:type :single-user)

Does anyone have any insight on how to get the settings right?

I hope that this helps.

--
Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
NICT Language Infrastructure Group