[developers] tsdb issue

R. Bergmair rb432 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 16 19:50:05 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, R. Bergmair wrote:

> No, I didn't do any normalizing this time.  Initially, I was only doing
> that to test whether tsdb had genuinely trashed my decisions, or whether
> the problem was just that the tree-selection wasn't being displayed.
>
> The latter seems to be the case.
>
> Now that you've mentioned it, I've also tried normalizing.
> The symptom persists with the normalized database.

Sorry, I should perhaps clarify: I used the normal normalizing
(without the thinning option) -- and here the symptom persists.

If I do a *thinning* normalize, then on the thinned database,
I do get the correct behaviour.

...so in that sense it's not really a showstopper for me right now.
The data is all there, and the tsdb seems to operate on the data
just fine, but somehow it doesn't get displayed correctly, unless
I do a thinning normalize first.

Richard