[developers] Weird GUI behavior on new ubuntu machine

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:56:13 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm enjoying running logon/lkb/[incr tsdb()] on my new blindingly-fast
machine. It's actually a mac, but I'm running Ubuntu under VMWare
fusion, and logon on the VM.   I've got an up-to-date copy of `trunk'.
 The ubuntu is 8.10, Intrepid Ibex.

When I start it up, I get the font errors in the attached buffer.
Perhaps relatedly, the menu fonts for both the [incr tsdb()] podium
and the LKB top menu are HUGE.  Also, the text input in the  [incr
tsdb()] podium doesn't work, and when I quit (by selecting Quit in the
lkb top menu or by typing :exit at the lisp prompt)  my emacs ceases
to head any keyboard input.

Does this particular constellation of symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

Emily