[developers] non-lisp programmatic interface to LKB?

C.J. Rupp C.J.Rupp at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 13:36:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, April 24, 2009 11:11 am, Ben Waldron wrote:

> CJ used this interface within the SciBorg project at Cambridge. He may
> be able to give you additional pointers.

This is just a footnote on Ben's response. I did indeed use the socket
interface to LKB code for 3 tasks, but in each instance there was an
existing XML format for the result returned.

1. LKB parsing returning RMRSs
2. Modularised FSPP tokenisation, returning a token lattice in SMAF.
3. Converting external (RASP) parse trees to RMRSs.

I don't know of XML formats for LKB results at other levels, but that's
probably just an expression of ignorance. It should be fairly easy to
adapt the server code if what you want falls within an existing XML
format, but you'll notice that the actual interface is quite simple, using
a terminator character. It's worked fine for me.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

C.J.

--
Dr. C.J. Rupp

NaCTeM (The National Centre for Text Mining)
Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre
131 Princess Street
Manchester
M1 7DN