[developers] Mysterious Japanese grammar hang

CompLing Help (David Brodbeck) linghelp at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 23 18:42:48 CEST 2009

To amplify on those NFS changes, what happened was I shifted all home
directories to a new file server.  In doing so the mount point changed
from /home to /home2 (so that I could move home directories one at a
time and minimize disruption to users) and users' home directory
settings were updated accordingly.  I'm not entirely clear on why this
broke your soft links, since I have examples of other ones that
survived intact, but it's interesting.  We've also switched from NFSv3
to NFSv4, because we were bumping into the 16 group per user limit on
NFSv3.

--

CompLing Help (David Brodbeck)
linghelp at u.washington.edu