[developers] Mysterious Japanese grammar hang

CompLing Help (David Brodbeck) linghelp at u.washington.edu
Mon Jul 27 18:55:27 CEST 2009

The only problem with that theory is his home directory was still on
NFSv3 when he had the problem.  I didn't move him 'till later.

It will be interesting to see if NFSv3 vs. NFSv4 makes any difference,
though.  v4 takes all the locking stuff "in-band", it doesn't require
calls on a separate RPC port to do it.

linghelp at u.washington.edu