[developers] results after edge limit reached?

Peter Adolphs Peter.Adolphs at dfki.de
Fri Aug 21 10:55:18 CEST 2009

Hi!

Stephan Oepen wrote:
> whether or not FSC would require similar magic will depend on how its
> XML reader is configured, specifically how it detects the end of input
> when reading from a string (rather than from a stream).

Currently, FSC uses the same approach as PIC: an empty line serves as the item
separator.

It would be better if the item were returned as soon as the element stack was
emptied. The following characters would be regarded as belonging to the next
item. Another related (though more complex) issue is that I'd like to be able to
parse one large FSC file with several items (with several "chart" elements).

I don't see a quick way to realize that with the current tTokenizer base class.
We would need a method which returns the tokenized next item, which is retrieved
by constantly feeding a SAX parser until the end tag of "chart" element is hit.
If the end tag of the "fsc" element is hit, the SAX parser would need to be
closed and a new one opened for the following character stream. I'll try to
realize this using the progressive parse methods of Xerces' SAX parser at some
point in future.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Adolphs
DFKI GmbH, Projektbuero Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschaeftsfuehrung:
Dr. Walter Olthoff

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes