[developers] [incr() tsdb] batch batch processing

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 30 00:13:27 CET 2010

Hi folks,

I'm trying to increase the speed of multiple calls to [incr tsdb()]'s
batch processing, and could use some help.

Background: Part of Matrix development involves running a series of
regression tests where we customize grammars and compare (using [incr
tsdb()]) their parsing results to a gold standard. We have well over a
hundred test grammars, and running the whole set takes some time.

While we're switching to parsing with PET, we found that most of the
time is spent loading LOGON's default Index.lsp. How can we prevent
[incr tsdb()] from loading this file on startup? I've had success
moving Index.lsp so it cannot be found, but this is not a very good
solution.

Also, do you have any tips for running batches of batch parsing jobs?
Specifically, can we load and parse all grammars within a single
running lisp instance? Currently we are sending lisp commands to the
LOGON scripts for each grammar separately, meaning all the time spent
starting up [incr tsdb()] happens for each grammar.

Thanks,

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman