[developers] PET ticket #12: fails to compile if ICU headers are missing, even if configured --without-icu

Bernd Kiefer kiefer at dfki.de
Fri Sep 9 11:42:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

i'm pondering on this ticket, and as it seems to me, nowadays
ICU is an indispensable part of PET, especially since for example
on my Ubuntu 10.10, boost-regex-dev also depends on ICU. Is there
anyone depending on PET build without ICU?

If not, i'd like to make the installation of ICU, boost-graph,
and boost-regex to be required prerequisites to building PET.
Are there arguments against this?

Best,
	Bernd

Bernd Kiefer     DFKI GmbH,  Stuhlsatzenhausweg,  D-66123 Saarbruecken
kiefer at dfki.de   +49-681/85775-5301 (phone)   +49-681/85775-5338 (fax)
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vor-
                     sitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313