[developers] Fwd: Request for guidance

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Tue Dec 6 18:45:27 CET 2011

Dear all,

I believe this is really a topic for discussion at the next
Summit, but I thought I might be helpful to send a message
out now, as well (and was prompted to do so by the
request that I received below).

It seems to me that as the DELPH-IN resources have
gotten more complex (and therefore more useful), they
have also gotten harder for the uninitiated to use.  In
other words, we've not kept up with documentation.

I've directed the fellow who wrote the message below to the
ERG's website, which I doubt will be very helpful for him.
Is there already some site which explains how to set
up/use the DELPH-IN stack to do parsing of English (or
Japanese or ...) test, what kind of preprocessing is required,
and what format the output will be in?  (Similarly, it
would be nice to have that documentation for generation,
too, but so far it seems like parsing is in more demand.)

Emily