[developers] Follow up: [incr tsdb()] question

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 7 22:26:30 CET 2011

I haven't chimed in because I didn't think I really had anything to
add, but since I updated the Matrix regression tests to the new format
I may have some useful experience on the matter. I've not had any
problems running up-to-date profiles with an up-to-date LOGON tree. I
did, however, run into problems when mixing up-to-date with
"down-from-date" (i.e. old) profiles, with error messages much like
those described in this thread.

While it seems [incr tsdb()] can read old profiles, it cannot write
them. So there should be no trouble merely comparing, say, and old
gold profile with and updated profile. However, if I am using [incr
tsdb()] to first create the new profile from a skeleton, then the
skeleton files (item and relations) should be up-to-date. I reckon
this is the problem, or something related in the processing pipeline.

I created a script that updates profiles. It's the itsdb.py file in
the python-delphin directory in the project at
http://code.google.com/p/delph-in/. Give it a profile and a new
relations file and it will convert the profile to the format described
in the provided relations file. If you are interested and want help
using it, let me know.

Otherwise, I'd be happy to take a look at your setup if I have access to it.

-Michael Wayne Goodman