[developers] Trigger rules with specialization

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Sun Dec 11 15:09:46 CET 2011

G'day,

we have a slightly related issue in Jacy where the semantics doesn't
constrain things enough.  In the most clear case there are two kinds
of adjectives, one which inflects, and one which needs a separate
inflecting word.  There is nothing in the semantics that distinguishes
between these two.
We are currently over-inserting using regexps as in:

darou-cop-lex_gr := arg0e_gr &
[ CONTEXT [ RELS <! [ PRED "~_a_"] !> ],
 FLAGS.TRIGGER "darou-v-cop-lex" ].

This has the unfortunate effect that it triggers on all adjectives,
when we really only want one class of adjectives (na-adjectives).

If I understand it correctly, your extension would allow us to trigger
much more appropriately.

--
Francis Bond <http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/fcbond/>
Division of Linguistics and Multilingual Studies