[developers] forwarding request for help (bounce from lkb list)

David Brodbeck brodbd at uw.edu
Mon May 14 20:10:32 CEST 2012

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Ann Copestake
<Ann.Copestake at cl.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Problem 2
> M-x lkb started the lkb system but the english words that are suppposedly on the lkbtop interface became some unknown "asian" character.

I had a similar problem when trying to do an LKB installation on
Knoppix, but it went away when I switched to Ubuntu, oddly enough.  My
guess is there's some specific font package causing problems, but I
haven't been able to figure out which one.  If you have two machines
with the same Ubuntu release, one of which works and the other of
which doesn't, it would be interesting to see the output of "dpkg
--get-selections" for both machines.

--
David Brodbeck
System Administrator, Linguistics