[developers] forwarding request for help (bounce from lkb list)

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Mon May 14 20:55:53 CEST 2012

g'day,

weird asian characters in LKB windows, i think,
can be caused by missing Xorg bitmap fonts (to
pick up newly installed fonts, one may have to
restart the X server).

further, the problem of the LKB binaries just not
starting up could be related to a lack of 32-bit
compatibility libraries.  comparing the lists of
installed packages across machines that do
or don't work should be illuminating, indeed.

best, oe