[developers] FSC Input to cheap

David Henry Witting wittindh at uw.edu
Tue Aug 7 21:57:28 CEST 2012

I've been exploring the capabilities of the PET parser and have been
making use of the Feature Structure Chart format. However, I'm having
difficulty figuring out how the features in the FSC relate to the
features in the grammar, primarily when it comes to formatting the FSC
itself, and also (in some cases) getting the parser to adhere to the
constraints that I define.

My first and most substantial issue is the same as described here
(http://lists.delph-in.net/archives/developers/2011/001573.html). That
is, even though I have given a part of speech tag to a word, the
parser is not constrained to use that part of speech, and will utilize
any and all parts of speech that it finds in the lexicon.  Is there
any way to override this behavior?

Thank you,

David Witting