[developers] FSC Input to cheap

David Henry Witting wittindh at uw.edu
Wed Aug 8 20:14:11 CEST 2012

To provide some context for my prior message, my name is David Witting
and I am currently a student and soon-to-be graduate of the
Computational Linguistics program at the University of Washington, and
am working for Automata, Inc. as part of my path to graduation at the
end of this summer.  I'm using feature structure charts for my unknown
word handling right now, but I think they have a lot of potential for
other applications, but I'm still working on figuring out how to use
this tool properly.  For instance, in some cases I would like the
parser to treat a word as if it has a particular part of speech, or
utilizes a particular lexical entry, or perhaps even uses a generic
lexical entry even though the word exists in the lexicon.

Thanks for your help and I apologize for the double message,

David Witting