[developers] compare-in-detail()

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Wed Apr 24 21:50:58 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I have just reproduced this problem and can provide a little more
detail:

1) It is not specific to profiles from the matrix regression test
set.

2) It is specific to tsdb::compare-in-detail() when the intersection
includes `mrs'.  (Just `readings' doesn't cause problems, nor
`derivation', nor `tree'.)

make a difference.  I loaded the erg from logon/lingo/erg,
and then created two profiles from the `mrs' skeleton, and processed
each.  This should lead to identical profiles.  If the intersection
is set to include mrs, however, there are diffs for every single
item (no mrses in common).

4) I tried comparing the profiles with diff, and the results files
do differ, but ediff-buffers() in emacs suggests that the differences
are in the time field.

5) I used cp to create an absolutely identical copy of one of
the profiles, and *still* tsdb::compare-in-detail reports diffs
if the intersection includes mrses.

Since we use this functionality of the fine system in our regression
testing for the Grammar Matrix, the current state of affairs
means we can't run the regression tests at all.   For the meantime,
we can back up to an earlier version of LOGON.  Any clues
as to what might be culprit and which version we should back
up to?

Thanks,
Emily

--