[developers] Problems parsing with ERG

Mostafa Gomaa mostafa.gomaa89 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 23:24:47 CEST 2013

Good day,

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I am having some problems
with LKB+ERG. I am using the latest version of both LKB and ERG, and there
are a lot of sentences where LKB doesn't return any parses. I have played
around with the online version of ERG and those sentences return parses.
Any ideas on what to do about this?. Also I am primarily looking for a
grammar with reasonable coverage of English, but doesn't have to be
necessarily too large like the ERG. I basically want to be able to use
sentences such as:
"fido is a dog"
"all dogs bark"
"what does fido do?"
"does fido bark?"
"is fido a dog?".

If anyone already knows from where I can obtain such a grammar or how to
fix the issue with the ERG, I would be extremely grateful. Also, as a
suggestion, I think it would be a very good idea to make an API for the
online version of ERG, I think it would be extremely useful and much easier
to use. Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Mostafa Gomaa