[developers] How to unify a type constraint onto a dag extracted from chart (LKB)

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:48:54 CEST 2013

On 26/06/13 14:34, Berthold Crysmann wrote:
> On 26/06/13 14:18, Ann Copestake wrote:
>> could you give more of the function you're using, please?
>>

> Sure. I attach my user-fns.lsp.
>
> It;'s the function gen-extract-surface that's at stake.
>
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> Berthold

I should reckon you need a grammar as well, and a test example.

I've checked the current version into the logon tree.
$LOGONROOT/crysmann/hag/lkb/script

If you parse, e.g. "sun kamashi" and regenerate, you should see:

sún káámàà shí

but you get

"sun kama shí"

instead. Open the generator tree and display the fs for the top most V
node. Scroll down to the top-level attribute SUPRA.
On the TONE diff-list there are a few reentrancies with the FIRST values
further down the list, but no concrete values.
Interactively unify in the type constraint supra_reent, and you will see
that all elements on SUPRA.TONE now have a definite value (high or low).
The type essentially closes the open list (by unification with a ghost
list under LEN) and instantiates the tones back to front.

Hope this helps hunting down the problem.

Berthold

--
Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot