[developers] Semantic treebanking without grammar?

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 18:05:50 CEST 2013

Dear all,

we would like to do some MRS treebanking on the output of a French TAG.
Obviously, we cannot replay derivations with the LKB, so
we thought that we could simply treebank using the discriminators
extracted from the MRS. I quickly tried this out with a Hausa treebank,
i.e. activating Trees|Annotate without any grammar loaded, and the fine
system just outputs error messages complaining it cannot reconstruct the
trees. *tree-discriminants-mode* is set to :modern.

Is it possible at all? I remember an LREC 2006 paper on this. What do I
have to do configuration-wise to make it possible?

Cheers,

Berthold

--
Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot