[developers] Semantic treebanking without grammar?

Berthold Crysmann berthold.crysmann at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 20:10:08 CEST 2013

On 30/06/13 00:41, Stephan Oepen wrote:
> hi berthold,
>
> i think there are two variables that need to be set:
>
>    (setf lkb::*tree-discriminants-mode* :modern)
>    (setf lkb::*tree-display-view* :modern)
>
> plus there was an assumption that the ‘mrs’ field be populated in the
> ‘result’ relation, but the ‘derivation’ field be empty.  i have purged the
> latter assumption, and added to the [incr tsdb()] podium two toggles:
>
>    Trees|Switches|Semantic Discriminants
>    Trees|Switches|Show Elementary Dependencies
>
> there is a new 64-bit run-time binary in the LOGON tree, so i would
> suggest you ‘make update’ and then try with the two switches above
> set from the podium.
>
> please let me know in case you run into more problems!  oe

Hi Stephan,

thanks a lot for this. I shall try it out over the next few days,
hopefully tomorrow already.

BTW: WIll it be possible to use the LOGON infrastructure to train and
test models derived from these treebanks? I guess we can produced TAG
derived trees in Lisp format, and since most treebanking features (types
vs. instance being the exception) operate on the CF backbone I do not
see why in principle that shouldn't work.

If that should not be easily feasible, do you reckon the export will
work oput of the box?

Cheers

Berthold

--
Berthold Crysmann <crysmann at linguist.jussieu.fr>
CNRS, Laboratoire de linguistique formelle (UMR 7110), U Paris Diderot