[developers] Semantic treebanking without grammar?

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sun Jun 30 00:41:37 CEST 2013

hi berthold,

i think there are two variables that need to be set:

  (setf lkb::*tree-discriminants-mode* :modern)
  (setf lkb::*tree-display-view* :modern)

plus there was an assumption that the ‘mrs’ field be populated in the
‘result’ relation, but the ‘derivation’ field be empty.  i have purged the
latter assumption, and added to the [incr tsdb()] podium two toggles:

  Trees|Switches|Semantic Discriminants
  Trees|Switches|Show Elementary Dependencies

there is a new 64-bit run-time binary in the LOGON tree, so i would
suggest you ‘make update’ and then try with the two switches above
set from the podium.

please let me know in case you run into more problems!  oe